Cuban Dance Class and Lunch Hour w/ Malpaso
Where: Alloy Studios (5530 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15206)
When: February 23, 2015 10am-12:30pm
We are excited to co-host a Cuban Lunch Hour at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater with Malpaso Dance Company’s founder, artistic director, and choreographer Osnel Delgado.
Join us for just for the lunch discussion or sign up also for a community dance class with Malpaso at KST’s Alloy Studios right before lunch. Malpaso offers a Cuban approach to contemporary dance, a style born out of a blend of references including Latin social dance, North American modern movement and Afro-Cuban traditions.
Founded in 2012 by Osnel Delgado, Fernando Saez, and Dailedys Carrazana Gonzalez, Malpaso strives to bring Cuban contemporary dance into the 21st Century by collaborating with top international choreographers and nurturing new voices in Cuban choreography.
KST invites community members, dancers, and non-dancers of all ages and experience levels to participate in this exciting opportunity to interact with Malpaso Dance Company.
(Advanced Registration is via Eventbrite required by Monday, February 23, 2015, and is limited to 30 students)
• Community Dance Class + Lunch Hour (10 AM – 12:30 PM) :: Pay-what-you-can
• Lunch Hour with Conflict Kitchen (11:30 AM – 12:30 PM) :: $5, complimentary to all community dance class participants
• Join us for lunch and chat with Malpaso Dance Company Featuring guest facilitator Blaine Siegel, and KST Executive Director janera solomon.
• Lunch catered by Conflict Kitchen, a restaurant that serves cuisine from countries with which the United States in in conflict.
• All activities will take place at the Alloy Studios (5530 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15206)
Part of KST’s World Stage Series, made possible by the Benter Foundation.