Conflict Kitchen is Hiring
Conflict Kitchen is looking to fill several part-time positions for our new location in Pittsburgh’s Schenley Plaza. Employees need to be capable of both working in the kitchen as well as interacting with our customers on topics related to our focus country in the sales window and at our dinners. Employees must bring a keen interest in international politics and cultural relations. Our employees are the face of Conflict Kitchen, and their conversations with our guests are at the core of our mission. We expect our employees to be expert conversationalists, deeply versed in the culture and politics within our focus county. We also expect our employees to learn how to produce our cuisine in an efficient, consistent, and professional manner.
- Available to work at least three shifts a week between 9am and 7pm (shifts are usually 6 hours long)
- Ability to conduct independent research and stay informed on political and social developments within each focus country
- Participate in meetings with project leaders and various members of the local Iranian, Cuban, Venezuelan, Korean, Palestinian and Afghan communities.
- Kitchen experience
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Minimum Salary: $9.00 an hour (more depending on previous restaurant and cultural experience) plus tips. Benefits available for employees working over 17.5 hours a week.
Send a resume and cover letter to us here.